Monday, February 27, 2012

St. Paticks Day "Lucky Banner"

It's time for the St. Patrick's Day Decor..

I whipped out a cute little banner this morning, 
I'm loving it!
I have seen so many banners that I love..like really love so I decided today would be the day that my house needed one!
(Why did I wait so long?!)






What do you think?

 Do you want to make one of your own?

Here's what you need:

I made a template for the flag size I wanted to use.  
 (It is 6 X 6 1/2.)
-scrapbook paper
-glue
-2" circle punch
-printer/paper
-black ink pad
-paper punch
-string/green jute

This is how I made mine..There are so many amazing idea's out there...


I traced my flags onto the scrapbook paper.  Then I dug through my scraps of paper and found some fun green patterns.  Then I used my 2" circle punch to cut them out.  I used the font Bosshole.  After I printed it out, I tore around the letters.

I didn't know how I wanted to attach the banner to the jute so I looked for some idea's.  I found this one and loved it.  Simple and cute.  It is from Artsy Fartsy Shopoholic.  I really loved how hers turned out so I used her idea of putting it together.

I punched the four holes into the top of the flags FIRST, so that I would know where the jute would be before I  put the letters and circles on.

I used black distress ink and did the sides of the flags, around the circles and the letters.
I arranged them on the flag how I liked them and then glued them into place.

That's it! The best part about this is I already had EVERYTHING on hand!
LOVE IT!


Can I just tell you all that I am addicted....I will definitely be making another one!
 
Kirsten

I'm linking up to these great parties!

1 comment:

  1. Cute banner! I would love for you to link up at my Link Party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    PS: I am your newest Linky Follower!

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some "LOVES" and making me smile!