OK, We HAVE to talk Avocados today! Do you love these as much as I do?
I remember as a little girl my sweet Grandma making toast and smearing a Avocado on the bread like it was the jelly. I fell in love with them then and there! They are a staple in our house , we eat them 3 times a week. Whether it be alone with a little salt and pepper, guacamole, or of course in a good wedge salad! YUMMY!
Well did you know....
• One-fifth of a medium avocado (1 oz.) has 50 calories and contributes nearly 20 vitamins and minerals, making it a nutrient-dense food choice.
• Avocados contribute good fats to one’s diet.
• Over 75% of the fat in avocados is unsaturated (monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats), making them a great substitute for foods high in saturated fat.
You've all heard of Hass Avocados right?
Ok, so listen to what they have going on RIGHT NOW!
•They are holding a “Kick Off with Hass Avocados Recipe Contest”!
There are 2 ways to participate:
(1) A weekly sweepstakes where they will give away a box of avocados for 14 consecutive weeks! You can also enter the Hass Avocado Giveaway sweepstakes. Every week during the course of the campaign, a box of Fresh Hass Avocados will be given away to 1 lucky winner. That’s 14 chances to win!
Ummm...Can you say A.W.E.S.O.M.E?!
(2) A Recipe Contest where the winner will win a trip to the Rose Bowl Game®!
Enter the Kick Off with Hass Avocados Recipe Contest Kick Off with Hass Avocados Recipe Contest
Ooh, AND....there is a Grand Prize package, which includes the following for 4 people:
Round trip airfare, hotel accommodations, participation in a Rose Bowl Game® Welcome Reception, admission to the “behind-the-scene” Rose Bowl Parade® decorating site, sightseeing tour of Pasadena, admission to the Rose Bowl Game® on January 2. 2012 + more!
For more information on how the winner is chosen be sure to check out the official rules on their Facebook Page.
I entered my "Wedge Salad in a Bowl Recipe" It is super easy and yummy!
•Don't forget to go check out the tailgating tips and recipes for great ideas too!
sign up to receive free emails with recipe ideas and nutrition information. You’ll get loaded up with great ideas once per month!
• Search and get Yummy guacamole recipes avocado recipes
GO...GO.... get some new recipes and enter for your chance to win~