Monday, September 12, 2011

Family Wellness: "Why a flu shot is important?"





Thanks to Walgreens for sponsoring my writing. Help Walgreens help others! Visit their Facebook page here to learn about their charitable partners and decide which cause Walgreens will donate to with a quick vote.

Hi you guys!

I'm super excited to share this post with you all!  Walgreens and Clever Girl Collective has chosen me to write a post on behalf of the Walgreens Family Wellness!  You've all heard of Walgreens...right? I love Walgreens... This is the ONLY place  I go to get my photos printed off,
{because they have the best prices around and plus I double heart the lady that works in the photo center}
BUT....
Walgreens isn't just about the photo center or MY awesome photo lady or even the killer coupon deals they have...
Not only do they have a pharmacy and friendly pharmacists they all about family wellness!  

Let's talk a little about the flu shot they have available right now....Is it important  for "family wellness?"



See this beautiful girlie here?   This is My Pretty Princess Jenika.  Jen  is a type one diabetic.  She was diagnosed with diabetes when she was eight years old. After a stay at Primary Children's Hospital for a few days to get her blood sugars under control and learning so many things about diabetes we came home with a entirely new way of life.  The thing that has always and now forever will stick with me is how a common cold could affect her body so differently  than someone who is not diabetic.   
Because of this we have learned how important it is to get a flu shot every year. 
Nope, Not just her...the hubby and I get one too! 

If  she were to get sick, it  would take a toll on her body.  It isn't just a cough and sneeze, her blood sugars go crazy and then we are on the phone with the docs doing what we need to to get her blood sugars under control.  Not a fun process at all.
We know how to prevent the illnesses, protect her and keep her healthy so for our family the flu shot is not an option, it is a MUST!   

The great thing is that Walgreens: 
-Accepts most insurance plans
-Walk-ins are always welcome
-You can also make an appointment online or just give them a call!
So easy and convenient! Why wait? 

So, is a flu shot important for family wellness?  Yes, I sure think so!
Please Prevent and Protect your family too!

(Picture only)


Don't forget to help Walgreens help others! Visit their Facebook page here to learn about their charitable partners and decide which cause Walgreens will donate to with a quick vote. I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. So my son has a problem as well he is not a diabetic but has an ammonia metabolic issue where if he even gets the common cold he are in the hospital for a week! His ammonia levels go sky high and he cant fight anything so he becomes dehydrated within a few short hours and needs an iv for at the least 5 days or so it stinks...
    I have always (as a medic) and will always get my flu shot. I mean it is just a little shot why do people freak the heck out? Babies...

    She is such a beautiful little girl! her name is adorable! Love it!

    Again its me from mommy2nanny3doggy1 lol

    Oh and I love your blog so much I want to grab your button (which if you noticed I dont do much)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some "LOVES" and making me smile!