Monday, August 22, 2011

Fun Lunches!




School starts tomorrow for my Princess!   REALLY? ALREADY? UGH!!!
Back to school is always bitter-sweet for me.  I miss my girlie being home all the time!  AND This summer has gone by so fast! 

Today, I wanted to share with you some fun ideas I have found and ones that I have used in the past to make lunch more fun.  We have always done home lunch because it is so much easier
and cheaper, this year P. Princess wants to have school lunch.

So we are working on a compromise, on the days she LOVES what they are having she can eat school lunch.  Which will probably be 2-3 days out of the week. Which isn't too bad.  She can kind-of be a picky eater.  She definitely knows what she likes! 

Can you believe she has never liked PB& J's!
No matter what Jam/Jelly I use...doesn't matter!

And If I use even tried to use honey...I get the "OOh.... Ick Face"
Seriously, is this kiddo really mine? 

On my search to find some different ideas I found this 
Paula Deen Article  This article has 10 ideas to make lunches healthy and fun! 

Did you know that kids 11-12 prefer paper bag lunches rather then having them in a lunch box?
What? I didn't know that!  

Here's some of the fun ideas we came up with last year to change it up a bit.


A seasonal cookie cutter and sandwich cutter become your best friend~ There is something about them that make a sandwich more fun!

Use the mini ones to make homemade lunchables.
I would cut the meat and cheese out with them. Add some crackers, a Capri Sun and a mini candy bar and  WALAH!  Super easy! 

  I bought fun things at the dollar store  I would put a surprise in her lunch.. so it was kind-of like a
"Happy Meal" some of the things I bought were:
-pencils
-pens
-bookmarks
- bracelets
-rings
-tops
-mini notepads

-I printed out jokes found at family fun.
Printable Jokes from Family Fun

Another fun thing I did was write her a little note each day to let her know I was thinking of her and hoping she had a good day.

 I found these cute printables!  
 Super cute and ready to be printed out!  At Alpha Mom!


These are the ones I have used in the past!
Lunch Box Notes from Kid Printables

I think this year I will write out fortunes for her, like: "I see a trip to the dollar store awaits you after school today!"  Now I just need to make or find something that is reuseable.  Maybe a plastic Easter egg recovered in fun fabric...we'll see....d

I hope these ideas are helpful! Have a great day!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. My son doesn't like PB & J either! I thought I was the mother of the only child in the world...glad to know I'm not alone. :)

    I have awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award: http://domesticatednomad.blogspot.com/2011/08/versitile-blogger-and-big-announcement.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love LOVE those ideas!!! I grew up bringing lunch, and you have such super ideas to make it way more fun. LOVE homemade lunchable idea, and prizes and jokes! I'm using these ideas when my kids eat lunch at school (someday!)!!! THanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. dongdong31
    If this is the Louis Vuitton-Official Website Louis Vuitton Outlet Online route in life coach outlet coach outlet store online you intend taking caoch factory outlet discount sale like coach outlet store online coach outlet michael kors outlet online michael kors handbags up to 70% Christian Louboutin Outlet Online Sale trading The North Face Outlet Jackets,Coats Outlet Online Sale over the internet then learn to become a Successful Ebay Seller. There coach outlet coach outlet store online is not the UGG Boots Outlet - UGGs Boots On Sale At UGG Australia Outlet Store slightest doubt that the best way Michael Kors Outlet - Michael Kors Outlet Online Customer Service is this way. Check out the nuts and bolts behind any auction site. Intel showed a slide that said Haswell will have uncompromised performance, all day use and greater than 10 days of connected standby. This all adds up to a mainstream notebook Cheap Uggs On Sale -Ugg Boots Sale Online that has a connected standby power that is 20x better michael kors outlet online cheap michael kors handbags for sale than we what michael kors outlet online-michael kors factory outlet store we had in 2011 with the 'Sandy Bridge' architecture. The slide also said that Intel is targeting 2013 to launch Haswell, which supports the rumored Q2 michael kors outlet online cheap michael kors handbags for sale 2013 launch time frame..

    Well, old chap, said Tempest, as we came to our door, louis vuitton -official louis vuitton handbags outlet it's not your fault if I don't do it. It's funny to me that gynecomastia michael kors outlet online sale michael kors handbags post surgery swelling all the interesting things happened such a long time ago. The wonder of his recovery michael kors outlt online sell up to 70% often surprised average cost of male breast reduction even herself?.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some "LOVES" and making me smile!