Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What's for dinner? LASAGNA!

Hi!

Last night for dinner I made one of my families fave's...

LASAGNA!

Pretty Princess should have been born Italian...I swear every time she gets to decide what's for dinner it is anything pasta. One of the things off our Summer Bucket List is for her to learn how to make spaghetti...funny kiddo! Do you all want to know how to make this delicious lasagna recipe?






Okay! Well here it is!

Lasagna

1 lb. Hamburger
1 T. Parsley Flakes
1- ½ tsp. Salt
2 (6oz.) Cans Tomato Paste
1 T Basil Flakes
1 lb Can Tomatoes

Brown the hamburger. Drain. Add all the ingredients and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes. Cook noodles in boiling salted water until tender (10 minutes) Rinse in cold water.

Cheese Filling:
3 C. Cottage Cheese
2 Beaten Eggs
2 tsp. Salt
2 T Parsley Flakes
1 lb. Mozzarella Cheese (grated)
½ t. pepper
½ C. Grated Parmesan Cheese

Place ½ of the noodles in a pan. Spread half of the cheese mix on top. Then half of the mozzarella cheese then half of the meat mixture. Repeat saving some mozzarella for the top. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Let set for 15 minutes before serving.

Lasagna Printable Recipe

 Ok, so now I have to tell on myself. As I was making it, I realized I didn't have mozz. cheese so I used Colby Jack.

 That's ok right? 

{Oh, please nod your heads in agreement}

Then as I was getting ready to put the tomato meat mixture on the noodles I thought "Hmmm...that the tomato sauce mix doesn't look as "smooth" as it usually does"  Yeah, I forgot the 2 lb. can of tomatoes..Nice...  It still turned out ok.  Can you believe it though?!   
See guys..you don't have to be perfect, make a mistake and it can still turn out good. 
Does it look like a long hard process?  Don't be intimidated!  It really is so simple.  In fact, I got this recipe when I was in Young Women's.  I was  putting together a recipe box as one of my goals for Personal Progress. I tried it out for the first time for the hubby when I got married! 

It has been a keeper!




I just had to sneak another picture in...this was Pretty Princess' plate.  Yeah, notice NO salad if I could only get the kiddo to eat her veggies more!
Photobucket
I'll be linking up to these fabulous parties:

1 comment:

  1. I love Italian too! This lasagna looks delish! I could dive right in! I'm one of your newest followers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some "LOVES" and making me smile!