Sunday, June 26, 2011

Wedge Salad In A Bowl

Hey Guys!

My Hubby's Dad is in town for a few days.  So last night we had him over for dinner.  We got the grill going
OOH,  Love summer grilling! 
We needed a great salad to go with everything....
ENTERS...His wife is an AMAZING cook.  She introduced us to this salad a few years ago. 
 (I don't know if it's really called a "Wedge Salad" but that's what I call it!)
She made hers using a head of iceberg lettuce,tomato,avocado,bacon bits,blue cheese dressing. 
When it's served you get "wedges" of each veggie and cut it as you eat it.
 Yes...it is/was as good as it sounds!
I didn't have any iceberg lettuce so I decided to make my own version of this salad using romaine instead. This is what I came up with!


WEDGE SALAD IN A BOWL

Yumminess!  Ok...Here's the recipe:

1 head of Romaine lettuce
2 Avocados
2 Roma Tomatoes
1 pkg. REAL bacon bits
OR you can fry and crumble your own!
1 Bottle of Blue Cheese Dressing (Our fave is the "lite house" brand)

All you have to do is chop up the veggies.  We like ours in bigger hunks but you can cut them however you like.  I layered the salad so I didn't have to mix it and all then all the good stuff wouldn't fall to the bottom. 
Just get a  scoop and you would get some of the yumminess in each bite! 
First layer the  lettuce,next tomato,then avocado,and last the bacon bits,then just keep layering it until you've used up all the chopped veggies!  Easy Peasy!
Drizzle with the blue cheese dressing!  WA-LAH!  
 AND... If you don't like blue cheese, you can use your fave dressing. 
No biggie!


  It is the perfect summer salad, so EASY, HEALTHY and DELISH!
Try it I promise.... it's to die for!
Photobucket
I'm linking up to these fabulous parties:


28 comments:

  1. Following you back! And I get to be number 100!!
    Thanks for the follow!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your site! I'm your newest follower!

    -Jillian @ Food, Folks, and Fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a yummy salad. Thanks for stopping by. I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a yummy dish...loved it! First time here and I must say you are very talented! Stunning space you got here.
    Now, am your newest follower...hope you will follow me back:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is my kind of salad. I could totally eat that for dinner. Thanks for following me. Following you right back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fabulous! I am following you back!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love salads like this my mom used to always make a lot of salads in warm weather thanks for sharing
    come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious! Thanks for commenting on my strawberry slippers. I hope to have them in my etsy shop soon. I am following you back!

    Jill of oursevendwarfs.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, looks great to me, my mouth is watering!
    I love love love good salads, especially in the
    spring and summer!
    Very pretty too!

    Thanks for sharing it!
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm your newest follower & this salad looks AMAZING...I think I will make it for dinner tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, this looks SO delicious! I can't wait to try it out! Thanks for sharing the recipe . . . I'm drooling already and it's only 6:30 AM ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum!! You had me at blue cheese...and bacon! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE a wedge salad and I'm going to feature this on Friday! Grab a button if you like! Thanks for sharing. Made me hungry!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks really good. No bacon bits for me though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This look delicious! I am obsessed with avocado. Thanks for following, and for inviting me over, I am your newest follower too :) (kirstikoo)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks so good! That avocado has my mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! The Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop has grown for the better because of your participation. Thanks for linking up this great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG. I just got off work and starving that looks so good and cool.
    Tomorrow night maybe. After a trip to the store.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bacon. Blue Cheese. Yeah. I need this now.

    If you have a moment today, please share this with my readers @Creative Juice Thursday Hope to see yours among all the amazing projects!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just ate dinner and you made my stomach growl! This looks so good! Thanks for linking up to the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop.
    Crystal
    www.chocolatedroolandkisses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the follow...I am now following back! Love your site! So many cute ideas...red, white, and blue stuff..and the salad looks delicious!
    http://childhoodmyths.net/blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. That salad looks SOOOOO good! :) Thanks for checking out my blog and following! Following you back!

    *Crystal*
    www.thecraftycrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some "LOVES" and making me smile!