Saturday, June 18, 2011

MMMM...Candy Bouquet!

Hi Everyone!!
My Sweet Nephew Dawson is getting baptized today! I wanted to do something a little different for him then I have done in the past for other nieces and nephews. I thought this would be a fun way to let him know how proud of him we are!  I'm loving how it turned out! 

{SQUEAL}

So I made this fun candy bouquet.


What I used:

-Minature Candy Bars
-Wooden Skewers
-Tape
-Glass Vase
-Ribbon
-Piece of Scrapbook Paper
-Computer/Printer for the saying

I thought about using a basket of some kind with some styrofoam to stick the skewers in..
then I had a brilliant idea,
 (At least I thought so anyway)
I would just use a clear vase and then fill it with candy!
 And.....when my sisters hubby brings her flowers....
 {Hint...Hint...Hint...Dave}
 then she would have a place for her flowers!
 See Double duty thinking!
Besides, you can never have too many vases that need to be filled. Right?!
{Wink}
So here's how I put this cutie together-
I taped all the candy onto the skewers first, then put them in the vase.
I took them all out and put some of the candy inside of the glass vase
( I tried to put them as close to the sides of the vase as I could, I didn't want the skewer to puncture the candy bars)
 I put a bunch of the skewers in,then they were all the same size...can't have that it looked like a bunch of candy just stuck onto sticks!  No, that won't work!  So I broke some down to the size I wanted trimmed of the frayed edges of the stick..
 As I would put one of the skewers in I would also put one of the candy bars not on a skewer so it filled the vase but didn't ruin the candy bars inside of it.
When I got it Bouquet-y looking I took the M&M candy bars and alternated then around the outside of the top of the vase. I used a piece of tape to place them, then a blue ribbon to secure them.


I made a little tag that says: "Choosing to be baptized is "SWEET"
The font I used is Designer-Choosing to be Babtized
Budmo Jiggler -for Sweet
 The only thing that I think would have made it better is using Twix bars and Kit Kats!  But, they didn't have any!
My Pretty Princess had a friend over and she was loving it! She kept hinting how she has never gotten anything like it before. She has a birthday coming up in a couple months...Guess what I'll be making?

What do you think? Fun,Yumminess!

Congratulations Dawson! We Love you buddy!

Have a great day!


Photobucket

I'm linking up to these great parties!


9 comments:

  1. I love this! My nephew is getting baptized this summer and I was trying to brainstorm ideas for him. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea! I've been thinking for a while about doing a "broquet" for the hubs. This would be perfect. I'd just better hope I never get one, because I would eat it ALL in a matter of days :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Fun and easy just how I like it ;)


    We are hosting a link party called “Help a Momma Out” on our blog today! This would be an awesome link up! Please feel free to add it! We appreciate it! Have a great day!

    Kristine
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    http://jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com/2011/06/help-momma-out-party-link-up-june-28th.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh! This is so sweet. I love this idea for a baptism. All 8 year-olds need lots of candy ;)

    I am featuring you this week!

    Halz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I always wanted one for myself! but I never got one :( lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe you might be a candidate to get a short term loan, depending on your circumstances now
    pay day loans uk a $100,
    000 dollar loan at 6% interest and 100% financing would eventually cost the borrower over $215,
    000.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some "LOVES" and making me smile!