Friday, June 10, 2011

Getting My Craft On! {Part 3}

Hi Guys!

Ok, so part three of me getting my craft on is some "Summer Fun" blocks.

This is what I used:

1. 3- 4" wood blocks
2. 1- 6" wood block
3. Yellow craft paint/paint brush
4. Piece of sandpaper
5.  My Silhouette for the vinyl (font: Surf City)
6.Scrapbook Paper
7.  Mod podge

I had a nice guy at Home Depot cut half of a 2X4 in 4" blocks and the other half in 6".
{Such a trooper!}

I painted the blocks yellow, sanded the edges with sandpaper.
I traced the blocks on the scrapbook paper and then mod podged it onto the wood. 
When the mod podge was dry, I re sanded the edges of the wood so that the paper looked like "part of the wood"
 then I cut some vinyl spelling the word SUMMER and FUN.
At first I cut white...I didn't like how it looked so I cut brown vinyl.]
  I put the brown over the white on the letters fun. 
  I embellished them with some ribbon and brads that matched the scrapbook paper.







I am still undecided about the over all look.

What do you all think?

 They seem like they are missing something...Yes...No?

Have  a super weekend!


Photobucket

I'm linking up to these great parties:

 And if you missed the first two days of me getting my craft on you can find it here:







3 comments:

  1. I love your blocks. They are so cute!

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those turned out SUPER cute! They definitely scream summer and make me want to go eat ice-cream, and jump in a pool, and throw on my flops. Not all at the same time mind you :)
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. dongdong31
    If this is the Louis Vuitton-Official Website Louis Vuitton Outlet Online route in life coach outlet coach outlet store online you intend taking caoch factory outlet discount sale like coach outlet store online coach outlet michael kors outlet online michael kors handbags up to 70% Christian Louboutin Outlet Online Sale trading The North Face Outlet Jackets,Coats Outlet Online Sale over the internet then learn to become a Successful Ebay Seller. There coach outlet coach outlet store online is not the UGG Boots Outlet - UGGs Boots On Sale At UGG Australia Outlet Store slightest doubt that the best way Michael Kors Outlet - Michael Kors Outlet Online Customer Service is this way. Check out the nuts and bolts behind any auction site. Intel showed a slide that said Haswell will have uncompromised performance, all day use and greater than 10 days of connected standby. This all adds up to a mainstream notebook Cheap Uggs On Sale -Ugg Boots Sale Online that has a connected standby power that is 20x better michael kors outlet online cheap michael kors handbags for sale than we what michael kors outlet online-michael kors factory outlet store we had in 2011 with the 'Sandy Bridge' architecture. The slide also said that Intel is targeting 2013 to launch Haswell, which supports the rumored Q2 michael kors outlet online cheap michael kors handbags for sale 2013 launch time frame..

    Well, old chap, said Tempest, as we came to our door, louis vuitton -official louis vuitton handbags outlet it's not your fault if I don't do it. It's funny to me that gynecomastia michael kors outlet online sale michael kors handbags post surgery swelling all the interesting things happened such a long time ago. The wonder of his recovery michael kors outlt online sell up to 70% often surprised average cost of male breast reduction even herself?.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some "LOVES" and making me smile!