Monday, May 2, 2011

Simple Spring Mantle

Hey!
  Are you all as excited about spring as I am?  I've said it before  and I'll say it again...
Spring is one of my favorite seasons!  I love all the colors that spring reminds me of!  The bright and pastel colors mixed together ...Yummy!

 I did a little spray painting last week when I thought it was warm enough.  I decided to do it in the garage because it was a little windy and I definitely didn't want it to be blowing my paint everywhere but on the thing I wanted it on.
 Um...lets just say it wasn't as warm as I thought it was, it took all day for the paint to dry! 

BUT I did get it done!  Take a look at what I came up with!






The "vase"  I got at a thrift store.  Do you recognize what it is?  It's a IHOP bottle that they serve juice,milk or water in! I got it for $1.00!

 The frame $.75.  L.O.V.E this frame!  It is a beauty!   The glitter stickers to spell out spring
$1.00 at Walmart ( and pretty much the whole alphabet left over)  Paint sample paper from Home Depot= Free.  I used two little pieces of ribbon on the side.  First I glued on the pink and then the thin lime green one to give it a "pop" of color.
 


The cute little bird at Dollar Tree for of course $1.00  I actually picked up two and the other one is at the other end of my mantel by decor balls $1.00. I love the fun detail on this little bird!
Last but not least the  yellow bead necklace is from my Grandma..Free. The Yellow flowers I picked up at Dollar tree after Christmas... five of them and they each had two branches on them for $1.00 each.  I already had the paint and ribbon.

The grand total for this simple mantle is  $9.75!  LOVE IT! 
Both the price and the mantle.

It's is very simple yet I really like it. Honestly it looks better in person..
I'm thinking the "picture taker" (aka..Kirsten) needs to take a photography class and get a better camera! 

Oh, remember my Spring Decor Balls?  They have a new home! 
In my office/study in this cute wire basket!
You can find the tutorial on these here.


See you all tomorrow for "Tutorial Tuesday!"  It's a fun one!
Have a super day! 

Photobucket

I will be linking up to these great parties:

15 comments:

  1. LOVE the new spring stuff!!! Blue and yellow- so pretty. I'm drooling over the pink frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your cute mantle decor. I'm loving that blue color on the IHOP vase :) I'm your newest "follower" and would love a follow back if you have time to stop by

    www.Redo101.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the birds! Note to self: Stop at the Dollar Store :0) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sping mantel looks so pretty. Love the blue. I bought an OOPs paint that color and went crazy! I started painting everything with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks great, so simple and yet so perfectly spring. those glitter stickers in a frame, now THAT i have to do! thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the spray painted bottle and frame! SO cute! Great color choices too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bottle color came out beautiful. I found 2 of those bottles at Goodwill the other day for 50 cents each I bought them with no idea what exactly to do with them. They just might get a nice pretty color of paint! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The whole mantle looks great, but..... Love the bottle! I just finished up a set this weekend, but I haven't blogged them yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that blue bottle! The yellow forsythia is a perfect contrast. I alway like simple displays and this one is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like anything 'thrifty' because that means its green too! What a great looking decor!

    Found you on Pink Saturdays.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your little spring vignette! Such happy colors :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some "LOVES" and making me smile!