Monday, May 9, 2011

"Seven Salads in Seven Days"

I'm up for a little challenge this week! This is what I'm thinking.... last week I bought one of those big bags of lettuce at Costco, and I usually end up throwing away the bag after using it two times. You know, the lettuce turns brown, collects water in the bottom of the bag and gets all nasty. Not this time! I decided this week my family is going on a salad diet! I'm kidding!... OKAY, maybe not! I asked the hubs if he was up for a it..to see if he would even eat it. He's pretty easy to please and of course said "sure". Besides there are a few recipes that I have been wanting to try!

Now, if I'm being honest here, Pretty Princess will probably just think she is dying..but we'll see...hopefully I won't have to cook two dinners each night. (Yes, I am that Mom, if she doesn't like what we are having then I fix her something else!) She was diagnosed as a type one diabetic about two years ago so she does have to eat... so yes, I'm a sucker when it comes to making sure her blood sugars are staying in control and that she is a happy camper! I'm hoping if I have her help me do the cooking this week she'll be up for eating it! So the menu this week is...seven salads in seven days! MMMM....they're gonna be good!

OK so here's...
"Monday's Menu Madness"

Monday: Chicken Fajita Salad

Tuesday: Cafe Rio Pork Salad

Wednesday: Waldorf Salad

Thursday: Chef Salad

Friday: Grilled Steak Salad

Saturday: Taco Salad

Sunday: Spinach Mandarin Poppy Seed Salad

Sound pretty good? Pretty Meaty salads! I will definitely share some of recipes this week...where I found them and if they're a keeper or not!




Have a great Monday!



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. They all sound fantastic! I usually end up throwing most of it away as well. But you have some great meals planned out! So cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some "LOVES" and making me smile!