Monday, May 23, 2011

"FHE"





What is Family Home Evening?

Family home evening is a special time set aside each week that brings family members together and strengthens their love for each other, helps them draw closer to Heavenly Father, and encourages them to live righteously.


Today,  I was searching LDS.ORG FAMILY HOME EVENING  looking for some inspiration on helping me to be better on doing family home evening at my house.  This is what  I found... tips on making Family Home Evening Successful! I LOVE it!  I copied this small section....but click on the link above and it will take you to the entire site. 

What makes family home evening successful?
Start and end with prayer. This invites the Spirit, increases love, and teaches your family how to pray.
Learn from the scriptures and the words of latter-day prophets to help your family live the gospel.
Add music, such as hymns and Primary songs, to create an atmosphere of love, peace, and joy.
Make it fun by playing games, acting out scripture stories, and making treats. Keep the atmosphere light and loving.
Be consistent. Monday nights are set aside by the Church for family home evening. If that doesn’t work, find a night that does.
Add variety. Help a neighbor in need, hold a lesson at the park, or go for a walk as a family.

Not so hard right?  Spending time together as a family is so important. 
Here are a few more links to help you out!

 Go...Have a fun family night!

AND a great day while your at it!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kirsten! Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment, I'm glad you liked my bean balls! Thanks for the links for FHE ideas-you can never have too much help in that department! Your blog is so cute-loved the clock idea! Following you now!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you put this! Our FHE always ended with someone yelling at the end when we were growing up : ) but it is the best thing for families!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving some "LOVES" and making me smile!